Middleware Systems Engineer (Cloud Tech)
- Work with end users, developers, architects, and team lead in developing middleware configurations based on requirements
- Build hardened and resilient environments with in-depth experience with middleware standards and best practices
- Evaluate system architecture and make recommendations as required
- Coordinate and collaborate with other project team members throughout the project implementation to meet project goals
- Demonstrate experience troubleshooting complex multi-tiered application architectures with disparate middleware technologies
- Engage in the maintenance and support activities, which include perform troubleshooting, incident response, and patching in a timely manner
- Coordinate with vendors and support team on problem resolution, implementation issues and upgrades
- Create and maintain documentation for middleware installations, changes, upgrades, and operational maintenance
- Minimum 3+ years of strong technical expertise in implementing and operating API gateway middleware platforms, specifically Google APIGEE
- Good working experience in Middleware technologies such as:
- Various types of application servers (WAS/ WebLogic/ JBoss/ HTTP servers/ Tomcat)
- Good working experience in deployment and operations on RedHat Ansible, including designing of implementation of automation playbooks
- Expertise in RedHat Linux operating systems
- Working skill in shell scripting and process automation
- Exposure in deployment and operations on RedHat OpenShift container platform.
- Solid understanding of secure communications for web applications (PKI, SSL)
- Broad exposure to a variety of other technologies (e.g. Server virtualization, database, network) with a firm understanding of the interdependencies between those technologies.
- Familiarity with HTTP, TCP/IP, load balancing and firewalls.
- Must be able to work independently on the assignments – including communicating with end users/ developers/ architects on information gathering and actual implementation.
- Ability to deal with changing priorities, multi-task, perform under pressure, and be a strong team player
- Ability to learn in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English