Senior System Engineer (Unix/Linux)
Date Posted: October 16, 2018 Location: Singapore
- Responsible for problem identification, troubleshooting and implementation on all range of Oracle Solaris hardware, OVM, SAN storage and Solaris cluster on Unix and Linux platforms.
- Assign with project implementation when required.
- Lead project completion within the allocated schedule.
- Engage in the maintenance and support activities, which include perform troubleshooting, incident response, and patching in a timely manner.
- Work with end users, architects and team lead in developing and implementing Unix and Linux related configuration changes based on requirements.
- Evaluate Unix and Linux platforms architecture and make recommendations as required.
- Coordinate with vendors and support team on problem resolution, implementation issues and upgrades.
- Create and maintain documentation for Unix and Linux platforms for installation, changes, upgrades and operational maintenance.
- Willing to be on 24 x 7 stand-by for service contract and maintenance services in rotating basis.
- Identify and report operational risks to Team Leader/Service Delivery Manager.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of disaster recovery and availability plans
- Participate in disaster recovery planning and testing activities.
- Minimum 5 year of working experiences in Oracle Solaris, OVM and RHEL environment
- Responsible for new Unix and Linux project implementations
- Responsible for day-to-day operational issues
- Provide support and handle all Unix and Linux related issues
- Candidate needs to possess excellent diagnostics skills and good ability to resolve problems quickly
- Candidate must possess strong technical competence in the fundamentals of troubleshooting hardware/software along with the people skills needed to successfully support the growing needs of client and project management in infrastructure setup
- Good understanding on ITIL processes
- Have good knowledge and hands-on experience on EMC storages (VNX/VPLEX) and/or EMC backup solution would be added advantage
- Self-motivated with a positive “can-do” attitude, passionate on problem solving and willingness in picking up new skillsets
Candidates having Certifications in the following products would be added advantage:
- Oracle Solaris OCA
- Red Hat RHCSA/RHCE