Network and Security Engineer
Date Posted: October 16, 2018 Location: Singapore
- Able to independently troubleshoot and debug complex and unique networks issues involving mixed Media and Routing protocols in LAN/WAN/VLAN.
- Engage in the maintenance and support activities, which include perform troubleshooting, incident response, and patching in a timely manner.
- Work with end users, architects and team lead in developing networking and security related configurations based on requirements.
- Evaluate Network architecture and make recommendations as required.
- Coordinate with vendors and support team on problem resolution, implementation issues and upgrades.
- Create and maintain documentation for Network and security devices installation, changes, upgrades and operational maintenance.
- Willing to be on 24 x 7 stand-by for service contract and maintenance services in rotating basis.
- Identify and report operational risks to Team Leader/Service Delivery Manager.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of disaster recovery and availability plans.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning and testing activities.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in Networking & Security field
- Responsible for new Network & Security project implementations
- Manage, support and maintain customers’ infrastructure including:
- F5 – LTM / GTM
- Cisco ASA Firewall, Nexus and Catalyst switches
- Palo Alto Firewall
- Forcepoint Firewall
- McAfee IPS
- Provide support to Network Operation Centre’s infrastructure such as servers, switches and firewall
- Responsible for day-to-day network and security operational issues
- Designing and planning networks specific to customer’s requirements and industry standards
- Plan and document the configuration and verification of routing protocols and their optimization in enterprise networks
- Provide support and handle all WAN/LAN related issues
- In-depth experience with TCP/IP internetworking, dynamic routing, layer 2/3 protocols, multicast and LAN/WAN architecture
- Candidate needs to possess excellent diagnostics skills and good ability to resolve problems quickly
- Candidate must possess strong technical competence in the fundamentals of troubleshooting hardware/software along with the people skills needed to successfully support the growing needs of client and project management in infrastructure setup
- Self-motivated with a positive “can-do” attitude, passionate on problem solving and willingness in picking up new skillsets
- Good understanding on ITIL processes
Candidates having Certifications in the following products would be added advantage:
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP/CCIE
- F5 CTS (GTM/LTM/ASM)
- Palo Alto PCNSE
- Forcepoint NGFW Certified